Thursday, September 4, 2014

Si Fu (Cino Latino)

Today we are reviewing Si Fu, an Asian Latino fusion restaurant in Roscoe Village.

Otto:
Cino Latino is good because it's two different kinds of food that I really like that you can't usually get in the same place, but it's in the same place here: Mexican and Chinese. You pick if you want stir fry, or tacos or a burrito, and then you pick your protein, and then you pick the style you want, either Cino  (which is with pickled daikon, carrots, cilantro, cucumber, jalapeƱo, and kimchi) or Latino (with black beans and pico de gallo). It's funny because my brother Max and I often disagree about whether we should go to an Asian place or a Mexican place, because I really like Asian food, and Max really likes Mexican, so it's perfect that we can get both here. I got the Mongolian Beef Burrito, and the style didn't really matter to me, because I only wanted rice in mine. But I guess the Mongolian Beef is a Chinese style of meat. It was really good. It was actually the first burrito I have ever had. It was really really delicious. I felt sad when I got too full to finish it. The decor was funny, a mix of the two styles. The wall behind where we were sitting had lots of shelves of hot sauce. The wall in front of us had illustrations of how to use chopsticks. It was very affordable for such delicious food. I give them 5 plates.

Max: 
Cino Latino has a lot of choices of food to choose from. You can get Latino, which is with Mexican style garnishes. Or you can get Cino, which is like asian fusion. We got chips and guacamole as an appetizer. The guacamole is very fresh tasting. I don't know what they put in it, but it's great guacamole. The chips are good, they're about average chips. I got a Latino Burrito, with Orange Chicken. It was the best burrito I have ever had. Seriously. Previously my favorite burrito was at Chipotle Mexican Grill (and I know that's a chain, but it really was my favorite burrito), but this just beat it by a little. The orange chicken is so good. It's one of the elements in the burrito that makes it taste so delicious. It was just all so good. The atmosphere is a mix of Mexican and Asian. It's a really nice feeling atmosphere with their wall of hot sauces and stuff. But since Si Fu (Cino Latino) made me the best burrito I've ever tasted, I give them 5 plates.


Ruben: 
I found this place on the inter web and the minute i saw it then i knew i wanted to eat there. I was so happy there is finally a new restaurant that is not a bar  in Roscoe Village it's been a while. We went to Si fu on a nice summer afternoon for lunch and the minute i walked in there i loved the atmosphere what can i say its chino and latino atmosphere fortune cookies at the door  sombrero's on the wall it is awesome. Also another cool addition is they have a wall of Mexican hot sauces and Asian hot sauces definitely a cool idea. So at Si fu you get to pick your meat and your bread or salad and you pick chino or latino style i got the coconut curry burrito chino style and it was the best dam burrito i have ever had in my life if you think chipotle is good imagine ten times better! The chicken was very good and the curry omg it felt like it was Kow Soy stuck in a burrito you probably don't know what Koy Soy is its a coconut curry dish served in northern thai land you can see my review of that in our Sticky Rice Thai review. Another thing that we had there was the guacamole and chips and i thought it was great the chips are house made and they are so crunchy and flaky just phenomenal and that guacamole was good too. I give Si fu 5 Plates and i have already been back once and i will be back again soon.

Menu.
Fun with the water dispenser.
Guacamole and chips.
Otto's Mongolian Beef Burrito.
Ruben's coconut curry burrito
First bites.
Hot sauce


Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment