Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Smoke Daddy

Hello, Today we are reviewing Smoke Daddy in Wicker Park.

Ruben:
Smoke Daddy is truly the The Daddy of BBQ In Chicago. I walked in and i just loved the atmosphere of the place. it was country, it was modern, it was smokey. also they have added a new addition that is all windows so there is great natural light place. We decided to sit in the new addition cause we have never eaten in there. it was very nice. high tables and decor. also they have like a glass door that works like a garage door that they open when its warm out. we got to see it when it was opened so that was really cool. We started off with some nice cool root beers. Then We had some pulled chicken for an appetizer. the sauce on that thing was the bomb! Smoke daddy makes there own sauces and sells them at local small grocerys around Chicago. there are 3 sauces. Mustard Q, Sweet and Smokey. and Original. I liked the mustard a lot. I have never really had a mustard BBQ sauce so that was a really wonderful new experience. the other two were also awesome. Next for all of us, we ordered the rib sampler. all three kinds of ribs. baby back, St. Louis, and rib tips. and all of them were phenomenal. I liked the baby back a lot. great flavor. the St. Louis very good. also great rub on both of them. the rib tips were good but way to much fat and Cartilage. but the meat itself was very good. We got Lots of sides. coleslaw which was pretty good nothing special. baked beans which were okay. I'm not a huge fan of beans. and then fries. half sweet potato half regular. the funny thing was the regular fries were hot, but the sweet potato were not. we told the waitress and she got us new fries right away. What I just explained to you might have seemed like a lot of food Warning we did not eat all of it. One more thing another great thing about Smoke Daddy is that they have live music a lot of the time. and even my dad's band has played there. Smoke daddy is a great BBQ place and I am definitely going back. I give 5 plates or ribs.

Max:
The Smoke Daddy has bean in Wicker Park for a while now. They're pretty famous around Wicker Park. They even have live bands performing inside. The atmosphere is authentic BBQ. They have recently expanded the restaurant, it makes it feel much less claustrophobic. We got the pulled Chicken as our appetizer. It was pretty good. And we got the Sampler as our shared meal. Our waitress messed up our order of sweet potato fries, well, I don't actually know because when she brought our fries, they were cold. Maybe they were sitting around for a while before they delivered them? I don't know. But anyway, when the sampler came, I knew it was gonna be good, because it looked it and I have been here before and I have liked their food. there were three different kinds of ribs, Baby Back, St. Louis, and Rib Tips. The Baby Back were good, although they were pretty much tied with the St. Louis. So I liked them both. The Rib Tips, were AMAZING!!!! There were three different sauces, Original, Mustard Q, and Sweet and Smokey. The Rib tips were best with the Sweet and Smokey Sauce in my opinion. It gave it a Chicago BBQ taste. The Mustard Q was also good with the ribs but it didn't outrank the Sweet and Smokey. The Original is the most boring in my taste. It isn't bad, its just boring for me because I have it at home and I eat it with stuff often. Oh! I forgot to mention some of the sides. We got Smoked Pit Beans, and Coleslaw. The Smoked Pit Beans were delicious. Some of the best beans I've ever had. The Coleslaw was good. It wasn't Amazing but it was good. It had a little too much vinegar in it, but it was still okay. For dessert, we got vanilla ice cream. Which was good for me and Otto. But not for Ruben because he can't have dairy. But Smoke Daddy was delicious so I will give 5 plates to The Smoke Daddy.

Otto:
As Max and Ruben have already said, we go the Smoke Daddy Rib Sampler Plate with St. Louis and Baby Back ribs, and rib tips. I think I liked the rib tips the best. They were very meaty and didn't have much fat on them. My second favorite was the St. Louis, and then the Baby Back. But they were all delicious. I didn't like the Mustard Q sauce, but that might be because I don't really like mustard. My favorite sauce was the Sweet and Smokey. The Original sauce was also really yummy. We also got the pulled chicken as an appetizer, which was delicious. The regular fries were tasty. I didn't try the sweet potato fries, so I wasn't all that bothered that they were cold, but it was good that the waitress brought out hot ones right away when we mentioned it. And apparently they give free ice cream to kids for dessert. We had gotten root beers as our beverage and still had them left over at dessert, so I turned mine into a root beer float. That was a great surprise ending to the meal. Overall, I'd rate this place 4.5 plates.

Outside Smoke Daddy.

Pulled chicken appetizer.
Sauces.

Please turn your head to properly view this photo of our delicious meal.


Our server brought us a fresh order of sweet potato fries.

Some greens.

No non-dairy option for dessert. But free ice cream for those who wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment