Monday, June 9, 2014

Belly Shack

Today we are reviewing Belly Shack.

Otto:
Belly Shack is located right under the Blue Line train stop at Western, and the interior decorations all have an industrial feel. It has a very limited menu, only five main courses and sometimes they have specials. But I always get the same thing there because I LOVE it. It's the Korean Barbecue Beef with Pita. It also comes with Kimchi. The meat is really delicious. It's thinly cut, and the tasty sauce keeps it really moist. It's one of my favorite meals.

Max:
I love Belly Shack because it's not standard Korean food. It's actually a combination of Korean and Puerto Rican food, in what is called Fusion. I have gone here many times, and I have to say it's my favorite Korean place in Chicago so far. I got the Asian Pork Meatball Sandwich. It's stuffed with somen noodles, Korean chili paste and mint. It's REALLY REALLY BIG!!!!!!! I couldn't quite finish it. But at least it's really really tasty. It's 10 bucks but I have to say it's worth it. The somen noodles are soft and good they taste like ramen noodles actually. The pork meatballs are my favorite part of the dish. They're great with the Korean chili paste on them. The ingredients really complement each other. The pita that it's served in is delicious! They use the same kind of pita on all their dishes but man it's a great pita!! The restaurant Urban Belly and BellyQ are also Fusion Korean places in Chicago. They're owned by the same people as Belly Shack. I really love the atmosphere of Belly Shack. It's got skateboards, graffiti art, cool music and many other urban feeling things. One of the coolest things about the atmosphere I think is the skateboards on the walls. They have really cool designs on them and they look great with the rest of the restaurant. On the restroom doors they actually have Skateboard Trucks as handles, I've always thought that was a cool idea! But I overall say that this is a cool, hip, Asian fusion feeling restaurant that has great food! And I think people who live in Chicago obviously need to try this restaurant because it's my favorite Korean one in Chicago so far!

Ruben:
Belly shack what can i say Chef bill Kim wow's me every time i go to one of his restaurants. Belly Shack is one of my favorite restaurants i just love it. The thing that makes belly shack stand out is the atmosphere matches the location and the food. located right under the Western Blue Line stop Belly Shack has sort of a edgy look with awesome metal stools, metal tables and skate boards hanging on the walls so freaking awesome. The food is amazing it tastes so flavorful , fresh and spicy. I got the korean BBQ beef , 4 miniature pita's with Korean beef and kimchi. First of all the beef is so tasty has so much flavor the minute you bite into it your taste buds dance across your tung i know I'm being a little dramatic but seriously its good beef. The KimChi is also very good tastes so authentic tastes just like the KimChi that you get at Super H Mart a Korean Food store located in Niles IL. Then you take that beef the kimchi put it all in that hot pita Mmmmmmmm. So if your around in wicker park buck town area defiantly check belly shack out and if you missed our review of urban belly belly shack's sister restaurant check it out.




Exterior shot.
Interior shot.

Candies at the counter.

Otto and Ruben both got the Korean BBQ Beef.

Max's Asian Pork Meatball Sandwich

Chicago Food Boys Eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment