Thursday, June 12, 2014

Doughnut Vault

Finally made it to Doughnut Vault!

Max:
We have tried to go here once before, but they were sold out. And this time we finally made it! I got the Strawberry Filled. And I just have to quickly say: it was.... The.... Best..... Donut.... I have ever had.... And I'm not too surprised because a bunch of our friends said that this is their favorite donut place. So that's that. I think one of the reasons why it tastes so good is because it's made with real strawberry jam. And a lot of jelly filled donuts are made with artificial jam. So it's nice to have a donut with real and natural jam. Another reason that made it so good is the vanilla glazing. I have never really had a vanilla glazed donut. And trust me, they're really good. I really like the atmosphere of the place because it seems to be an old Bank Vault, that was turned into a donut place. And that's probably why they call it Donut Vault. It's also very small to be the best donut place in the city, but they must have a kitchen somewhere in the bakery, probably behind the donut trays. But I just have to yell that I LOVED DONUT VAULT! and its my FAVORITE DONUT PLACE IN THE CITY! And I would give Donut Vault four and a half stars (out of five) because there might be even better donut places out there, and I'm sure I'll find them.

Otto:
This place is really small. Only about four groups of people can even stand inside. It was a rainy day when we went, and we were so lucky that there were only two people in front of us and lots of doughnuts left for us (and there were not any people after us, so we didn't feel rushed). The guy who was working there pulled out every single tray of the types of doughnuts available that day. He was really nice. I got the Buttermilk Old Fashioned and the Gingerbread Stack. These doughnuts are amazing, the best in Chicago, or at least the best I've had so far. The old fashioned was basically just a really delicious old fashioned. And the gingerbread stack was three smaller cake donuts, coated in cinnamon sugar, which was perfect for sharing. I usually like old fashioned or yeast donuts, but these cake donuts were just amazing. They were lighter than any other cake donut I've had, so light that I wasn't even sure it was a cake donut (in a good way). I can't wait to go back. I want to go back right now, ha ha. (I actually kind of do.)

Ruben:
The holy Donut vault we have been waiting to go here for months and we finally made it. We got up pretty early in the morning and we were on our way at about 9:00 AM. we got there and we all were so excited. Now what i did not know is that the vault is so small it's like the size of a hobbit home or something. I loved the atmosphere of the place very edgy and 1920's a small glass chandelier mirrors a old cash register so cool. The service was awesome the vault guy as we like to call him explained and told us all the flavors and was very patient while we we're deciding which donuts to get. Okay lets talk donuts these are the best donuts i have ever had in city of Chicago and probably the second best in the country. the first is Dough Brooklyn NY. I got a half dozen 2 for me and the rest to bring home to my family and they loved them too. I had the special of the day Roasted almond it was so FLAVORFUL fresh creamy everything you could ever want in the donut. The roasted almonds on top were so good sweet and salty. The donut itself was a yeast donut kinda had a vanilla taste and i might have tasted some kinda of coconut in there. The other donut i had was the classic glazed best glazed donut i have ever had better than Krispy Kream. folks you can see the vanilla bean! overall the Donut Vault was great place and i plan to go back really really really soon.

Inside the vault.
We get the grand tour of the day's doughnuts from the extremely helpful and patient and awesome Vault Man.
From top left: Buttermilk Old Fashioned, Strawberry Jam Filled, Gingerbread 3-Stack, Pistachio Old Fashioned, another Buttermilk Old Fashioned, and the special of the day, Roasted Almond
Love at first bite.


Max's Strawberry Filled.
Amazingly light and delicious (but extremely filling!).

 


The boys experience a true doughnut high.

Donut Vault Menu

Entrance to the vault

Ruben's Dozen, Two Glazed, Two Toasted Almond, One
Pistachio Old Fashioned and One Buttermilk Old Fashioned. 


Inside the Vault
Spotted The Cheesie's Food truck on the
way to the vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment