Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Roost (Food Truck)

Hello, today we are doing our first Food Truck Review.

The problem with food trucks is that they might not always be in the same spot. Roost had their truck parked at 600 W Chicago on the day we went there. (This is a spot where there are always food trucks during the work days, as far as we know.) You can check out the tweets of who is there on what days at Chicago Food Truck Finder.

Max:
I don't go to that much food trucks. And I've never been here. And honestly, for a fried chicken food truck, this is really good. You can choose to get you chicken bone-in or bone-out. And you can choose to get it in sandwich form, taco form, or bone-in with the sides. On bone-in, you can get Herb Seasoned, Spicy, or Nashville Hot. On bone-out, you can get Spicy, Nashville Hot on a buttermilk biscuit or kaiser roll. They also have tons and tons of sides. I got the bone-out as a sandwich with the Nashville Hot. and a side of peach cobbler, and cucumber coleslaw. The chicken is really good and incredibly spicy. In fact, it was so spicy that my tongue felt like it was almost on fire when I finished. But it was still delicious chicken. The coleslaw wasn't my favorite. Its just that I've had better coleslaw. The peach cobbler was delicious. It was some of the best peach cobbler I've ever had. It had just the perfect amount of peaches and sauce. So this was really good for a food truck. And I'll give 4.5 plates to The Roost.

Ruben:
Food Trucks. the new trend. what could be better then fried chicken mobilized. like seriously. I have had the Roost 3 times total now. once from the truck and twice from there restaurant on Irving Park Ave in my neighborhood. I had the bone in chicken herb seasoned with chips and slaw. the chicken is decent. i thought it was a little too much breading, but other than that it was good! The Chips were good, very crunchy. The slaw, a little too fatty and milky. i like more of a vinegar slaw. the service was very good and nice. I think The Roost was a great first food truck review. and i can't wait to try more trucks. I give The Roost 4.5 plates.

Otto:
I got the bone-in Herb Seasoned. And a side of fresh potato chips and a buttermilk biscuit. The chicken was great and it was pretty well seasoned. And the biscuit was delicious but not quite as good as Bang! Bang! Pie Shop, in my opinion. The chips were delicious. And I think that they were made on that day. The service was good. They were very nice. I would give the Roost 4.5 plates.




Us and the truck


Ruben's herb seasoned.

Max's Nashville Hot.
Close up

2 comments:

  1. It’s really a service, believe it or not, because it gives the media and locals a place to eat. Best Food Truck In LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Truck Catering Wedding rather exciting submit. This is MY OWN own new below. we found towards reason several exciting merchandise Just like office of the location especially your current talk.. take pleasure in That towards the submit!

    ReplyDelete