Friday, January 23, 2015

Essence of India

Today Otto is reviewing Essence of India in Lincoln Square.

Otto:
We have been wanting to go here for a long time, but they are usually not open for lunch. We finally made it for dinner, and I am so glad we did, because this was pretty good Indian (although I don't know that many Indian restaurants, even though I really like it, because we usually go to the same couple of places). Everyone there was extremely nice. We got the Murg Tikka Masala (skewered boneless marinated chicken cooked with Indian spices and herbs in a cream sauce). I absolutely loved this. (I always love chicken tikka masala, and this was some of the best I've had, but once again, I haven't had it from that many places.) We also got Achari Gosh (lamb with ground cumin, rye, fennel and fenugreek).  The lamb was too tough or chewy for me, so I didn't eat very much of it. For me, it wasn't nearly as good as the chicken tikka masala. Their naan was warm and buttery and amazing, and I loved it and dipped it in my chicken tikka masala sauce, which I think is the best way to eat naan. I give them 4 plates for the food, but 5 plates for their service (they were just so very nice, they even tried to figure out a dish we had liked from another place and wrote it down for us so we can get it next time we are on Devon Avenue).




No comments:

Post a Comment