Saturday, January 24, 2015

La Creperie

Today we will be reviewing La Creperie on Clark and Diversey.

Otto:
It was a very nice evening when we went here, and the outside seating in the back was very pretty with all the string lights and the rest of the decorations. For my entree crepe, I got the very plain crepe with butter and sugar because I was just in the mood for a simple crepe. I've tried many crepes like this, and this was one of the best I've had. There's not much to explain, though, about a plain butter and sugar crepe. For dessert, I chose the caramel and salted butter crepe, and that was very good and very very caramel-y. It was sitting in a puddle of caramel when it arrived. But it was a delicious puddle. I loved it. We spent kind of a long time having dinner here, and for some reason, toward the end, we sang a couple of rounds of Row Row Row Your Boat. At the end of our meal, a man came over to us and told us how nice it was listening to us singing. It was the kind of place and the kind of night that this seemed like the right thing to do, and it was a very fun night. I would rate this place 4 plates.

Ruben:
I am always up for a good Crepe, this was my first time at La Creperie. The atmosphere of the place feels very french with little golden LED'S all over, we got a table outside on their awesome patio which is basically a back yard cause it has a garage and everything but they made it look awesome. There menu has a very wide selection of Sweet and Savory Crepes. One thing that was not so great about La Creperie is that they have very slow service probably took 40 minuets for our food to come but on the bright side our server was very nice. I got the Boeuf bourguignon which is a beef crepe with a sauce and carrots and celery. I thought my crepe was a little too saucy and heavy the sauce was so thick almost the density of Gravy, personally if my crepe has a sauce i like it to be thin. The reason why i got this crepe is that they didn't have a lot crepes that were low on dairy except the plain crepe. For desert we got a Banana Nutella and the Salted caramel. Out of the two i preferred the salted caramel it was salty it was sweet the caramel was homemade and full of flavor one of the best sweet crepes i have had. On the other hand the banana Nutella was just average. Also here is some history about La Creperie it actually burned down once and closed once in the years it's been open. La Creperie is a nice place although it is not my favorite crepe place i would go there if i was in the neighborhood i give 3.5 plates.

Max:
La Creperie is a French restaurant that is well known for their delicious crepes. La Creperie has been around since 1972. And they burned down once. But then they reopened. And last year, the chef closed the restaurant and planned to retire, but then he decided to reopen it. We came here for dinner and we thought we should go here because me and my brother Otto went here a while ago and we liked it. Though I can barely remember it, because it was such a long time ago. But let's talk about the food. We started with some escargot. It was delicious, and went really well with the bread that came with it. After that, we ordered some crepes. I got the Poulet et fromage de chèvre. It comes with     chicken, roasted tomatoes and goat cheese. The chicken was a little too dry. The roasted tomatoes were pretty good. But the goat cheese was delicious. It went very well with the roasted tomatoes. I guess all of the crepe was good except for the chicken. Also, something funny happened. For some reason we started singing Row Row Row Your Boat, and after we stopped, this older guy came up to us and told us that he was delighted to hear us sing that. It was a pretty funny experience, so I give La Creperie 4 plates.



Escargot appetizer. 


Dessert crepe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment