Saturday, March 7, 2015

Do-Rite Donuts

Today we are reviewing Do-Rite Donuts, on W Randolph St. in downtown.

Ruben:
Do-Rite Donuts! Let me say Do-Rite Donuts did it right. This was my first time going to Do-Rite. I have heard many good things about it. I think my favorite thing about this place is that they serve vegan donuts. I don't know any other donut shop in Chicago that has vegan donuts. There are a ton of people out there that are lactose intolerant, milk free and vegan. That is one of the things that really stands out about Do-Rite. The shop is very small. I'm talking so small that people have bigger closets then their whole space. But there is an advantage to being small. Everything has its place and really makes it have a cute atmosphere. All they have at Do-Rite is donuts and Dark Matter Coffee, which is actually brewed right near my house. I tried the Butter Milk Old Fashioned Donut because I wanted to see if something so simple could be so good. And it was. The cake donut was perfectly baked. Moist on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Just how I like it. I also had a little bit of the Vegan Chai Donut. It was okay, but if you go here, get a cake donut. If you want a good yeast donut head up North to the Donut Vault. I give Do-Rite 4.0 plates.

Otto:
Do-Rite Donuts is really small, with no inside seating. But they have tables outside. I got the Buttermilk Old Fashioned and the Vanilla Bean Glazed. Both were delicious. They have a limited amount of donuts each day, and when they sell out, they are gone. But the times we have gone there have both been in the afternoon, and they still had donuts, just not much of a selection. I like the more basic donuts anyway, and they had those on both visits. I give them 4 plates.

Max:
Do-Rite Donuts kind of reminds me of Doughnut Vault. Because they are both very small. I've been to Do-Rite once before and their donuts are really good. Today, I got the Chocolate Glazed and the Vegan Chai. The Chocolate Glazed is a classic cake donut dipped in valrhona chocolate. It was awesome! It tasted like a high quality and gourmet donut. The Vegan Chai was a little disappointing. I have had better vegan donuts in my life (from West Town Bakery, for instance), and the chai just tasted weird with the rest of the donut. I wish I had liked it better but it just wasn't that good of a donut. The atmosphere is pretty cool. It totally captures an old fashioned bakery kind of look. And like I said earlier in the post, Do-Rite is very small so they don't have any indoor seating. You can either take your donut to go, or you can eat it outside, were they have a few tables and chairs. We all ate ours outside, and it was a pretty cold day out so we were a bit chilly, but that was okay. Do-Rite donuts was pretty good so I give them 3.5 plates.

Outside
Big Donut
Max's Chocolate Glazed
Max's Vegan Chai
Ruben's Buttermilk Old Fashioned 


No comments:

Post a Comment