Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shake Shack

Today we are reviewing Shake Shack in River North.

Ruben:
New York's Shake Shack finally made it to Chicago and man are we happy and so is the rest of the city. We usually don't go to chains but we made an exception this time. So I go to Brooklyn at least once a year usually or more because I have family there and I had not even heard of Shake Shack until everybody in Chicago was going crazy about their first location here. So we went there pretty soon after the opening. I walked in seeing all these people in line and I thought oh, this is going to take a long time. But surprisingly it didn't. The service was fast and we were up at the counter ordering in no time at all. I was very impressed. I had the Shack Burger. I thought it was really good. The bun was so good and the Shack Sauce was good too. It was a little too greasy for my taste but other than that it was really good. Their crinkle cut fries have gotten some thumbs up and some thumbs down. I would give them a thumbs up. They're nothing special but I liked them. Shake Shack reminded me so much of Epic Burger which is also a more healthy burger chain. But they only have five or six locations. And they are all in the Chicago Area. I think Shake Shack is a great place and I will definitely be going back soon. I give Shack Shack 4.5 plates.

Max:
Shake Shack is an excellent burger chain that had its original location in NYC, but they now have a location in Chicago! I have been to Shake Shack quite a few times. But not this location. I had always eaten their burgers in Brooklyn since I go there to visit friends. But now since they have a location in Chicago I can go here all the time! We all started by getting burgers, and then we ordered fries and shakes. I got the ol' classic ShackBurger. It's a cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato, and Shack Sauce. First of all, the Shack Sauce is brilliant. I don't know what they put in the sauce but it's plain awesome. It reminds me a lot of the Epic Sauce that they serve at Epic Burger. And they're both really good. The buns that they use here at Shake Shack are awesome. They're soft but a little bit crispy. And they're good even if you eat them plain. The crinkle cut fries are good. Not anything special but good. I had heard bad stuff about the Crinkle cut fries in the Chicago Reader. So I was kind of expecting them to be bad, but they were fine. This visit I got the Shack-made Lemonade, which was pretty good. I have also tried their chocolate milkshake. It's really good. Its got a nice creamy texture to it and it's just overall a really good shake. I give Shake Shack 4.5 plates.

Otto:
I'm glad that Shake Shack finally came to Chicago because I have eaten it in Brooklyn and it was so good that I'm glad I can eat it more often in my own city. I guess it is technically fast food, but it feels nicer than normal fast food. It's cool how they serve the food on these little trays, like baking trays. And they wrap the burgers in little paper bags, but it seems all really nice. I got the Shack burger, with no cheese. As you may know by now, I eat my burgers plain, but that means I am a pretty good judge of the meat and bun. Both of them are good here. We also got an order of fries to share. Many people say they are like cafeteria fries, and they don't like them, but I thought they were good. I have also not had a lot of cafeteria fries to compare them to, so maybe that helps. I got a caramel milk shake, which was really good. They also have these shakes called Concretes, where they mix in things like cake and donuts. There is one that uses Glazed and Infused donuts and one that uses Bang Bang Pie's S'mores Pie. Those could be good too, and it's cool that they use stuff from local places that we already reviewed and like. But I like the regular caramel shake. I give it 4.5 plates for being good and fast and pretty cheap for what you get.


Max's Shack Burger
Ruben's Shack Burger

Crinkle cut fries

First Bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment